Hi & welcome to Betty's Bakes! I’m Kara – owner of this made-to-order bakery. I specialize in cupcakes, cakes, pies, dog treats, and pupcakes! My journey began in Dec 2014 and its been so much fun. Baking was one of my favorite things to do with my grandma, Betty, growing up and I attribute that as the reason Betty’s Bakes has been so successful!
I do my baking out of my home in Livonia, MI!
I'm ServSafe certified & insured, operating under Michigan Cottage Food Laws.
Some facts about me:
- I adore my golden doodle, Skip & my former roommate's doodle, Mack; they're the reason I've expanded to Bark+Bake dog cakes and treats
- The Detroit Tigers have my heart
- When baking, I have country music or Motown blasting in the kitchen as I very terribly sing aloud
- Speaking of music, I'd never turn down a Zac Brown Band or Mumford & Sons concert
- If music isn't playing, usually a true crime podcast is
- Between the hours of 7a-4p, I work in the auto industry
- You can win me over with a craft beer or a glass of Chianti
- I firmly believe that Jerry Seinfeld can make anything hysterical
- My pal , Karra, owns Karra Lynn Photography & is the reason I have all these amazing photos!