Hi & welcome to Betty's Bakes! I’m Kara – owner of this made-to-order bakery. I specialize in cupcakes, cakes, pies, dog treats, and pupcakes!
My journey began in Dec 2014 and its been so much fun. Baking was one of my favorite things to do with my grandma, Betty, growing up and I attribute that as the reason Betty’s Bakes has been so successful!
I do my baking out of my home in Livonia, MI!
I'm ServSafe certified & insured, operating under Michigan Cottage Food Laws.
Some facts about me:
- I adore my pup, Skip & my former roommate's pup, Mack; they're the reason I've expanded to Bark+Bake dog cakes and treats
- I foster dogs through Waggin' Tails Dog Rescue
- I'm constantly laughing loudly
- The Detroit Tigers have my heart
- When baking I usually have Motown blasting as I very terribly sing aloud
- If music isn't playing, usually a true crime podcast is
- Between the hours of 7a-4p, I work in the auto industry
- You can win me over with a craft beer or a glass of Chianti
- I firmly believe that Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Heather K. McMahan can make anything hysterical
- My pal , Karra, owns Karra Lynn Photography & is the reason I have all these amazing photos!